Слайды и текст этой презентации
Фонетическая разминка Christmas tongue twisters
Santa's sleigh slides on slick snow.
Tiny Timmy trims the tall tree with tinsel.
Bobby brings bright bells.
Chilly chipper children cheerfully chant.
What do you know about Christmas?
An oven-roasted turkey
(Left to right, top to bottom : Eggnog Cookie, Candy Cane Cookie, Snowman Cookie, Vanilla Santa, Shortbread Wreath, Pfeffernüsse, Cherry Snowflake and Holiday Pretzel)
Why do people celebrate Christmas?
What does Christmas mean to you?
– to make a Christmas cake, Christmas cracker,
– to write Christmas cards,
– to sing Christmas carols,
– to prepare Christmas dinner,
– on Christmas Eve,
– to hang Christmas stockings,
– to decorate a Christmas tree, walls, doors, windows
– a celebration of Jesus' birthday
– to buy/to give/to open gifts, presents
– My family celebrates …
– to spend time with smb,
– to celebrate the birth of Jesus,
– to get together with old friends,
– to talk about what we liked about our Christmas,
– the first church service
Vocabulary to Dialogues
1. What do you like/don’t like to do at Christmas?
2. How do your like to spend Christmas with you family?
3 How do you celebrate Christmas in your family?
4. How do you like to spend winter holidays with your family?
5. What gifts do you usually prepare for your friends and relatives?
6. Do you make resolutions? Do you think you will keep the resolutions?
7. Do you enjoy making greetings cards to their friends and family?
In my opinion…
From my point of view…
It seems to me…
There is no doubt
First of all…..
Because I’m fond of ….
It’s important for me
Dashing through the snow, in a one-horse open sleigh Over the fields we go, laughing all the way; Bells on bob-tail ring, making spirits bright What fun it is to ride and sing a sleighing song tonight (Chorus) Jingle bells, jingle bells, jingle all the way! O what fun it is to ride in a one-horse open sleigh Jingle bells, jingle bells, jingle all the way! O what fun it is to ride in a one-horse open sleigh A day or two ago, I thought I'd take a ride And soon Miss Fanny Bright, was seated by my side; The horse was lean and lank, misfortune seemed his lot; He got into a drifted bank and there we got upset
Vocabulary to the text
retain – сохранять; удерживать
gift-wrapped – красиво упакованный
be wrapped up as a present – быть упакованным как подарок
Singapore – Сингапур
mistletoe – омела
Austrian – австрийский
stable – хлев, конюшня
initials – инициалы, начальные заглавные буквы
Spain – Испания
wise man – мудрец
frankincense – ладан
myrrh – мирра (ароматическая смола)
worship – поклоняться
Eastern Orthodox Church – Восточная Православная церковь
Bible – Библия
fast – поститься, воздерживаться от скоромной пищи
ancient traditions – старые обычаи, древние традиции