Слайды и текст этой онлайн презентации
I. History and Geography of the USA of the UK
1. What river is the capital of the USA situated?
2. What is the largest American state?
3. What is the fastest way to cross the English Channel?
through the Channel Tunnel (the Chunnel)
4. What is the name of the British national flag?
the Union Jack
the St. Andrew’s Cross
the St. David’s Cross
5. What is the flag of the USA called ?
“Stars and stripes”
“Stars and rings”
“Stars and squares”
II. Government of
the USA and the UK
1. What is the nickname of the US government ?
2. Which of the US presidents was a Hollywood actor ?
3. Who presides in the House of Lords?
the Lord Chancellor
the Chancellor of the Exchequer
4. Where does the British Premier live and work?
at 10 Downing Street
in the Houses of Parliament
in Buckingham Palace
5. What is the London’s residence of the Queen ?
the Tower of London
III. Culture and Literature of the US and the UK
1. Who wrote the story “The Old Man and the Sea”?
2. What is the Scottish national costume?
3. Who was the architect of St. Paul’s Cathedral?
Sir Christopher Wren
4. Which of the following stages of British education is not obligatory?
5. What prize are the best musicians and composers awarded every year in the USA?